Back in 1946 an old family photo'


My first cousin Janet is making her annual visit to Longboat Key from Bristol U.K.   We had a super lunch at the Dry Dock yesterday, together with Janet's Canadian/ American first cousin by birth "Kippy" (Catherine) Altini from Staten Island.  Kippy is my first cousin by marriage.

Of course although I had my 'phone with me, I forgot to take a photo' at lunch.  Save to say that I had my favourite Dry Dock Lunch - Grouper Tacos.  Utterly delicious, though the "sides" of black beans and rice were a bit skimpy.

I broke the habit of a life time, and had dessert -  Creme Brulee (almost to die for).

Thanks Janet for a wonderful treat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Janet brought with her a family photo', dating to about 1946.

In the middle is her mother  (still alive, aged 91) -  she is my dear  Auntie Irene.

Flanking Irene are my sister Jean (l) and my sister Maureen (r)

I am in the front right  (looking worried - as I have been for most of my life).

On the front left is my twin sister Elizabeth.

The original has Jean and  Liz on the right, and Maureen and I on the left. That got reversed when I scanned the 'photo. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"