How do you spell relief?



I have been under a bit of stress, arising from circumstances beyond my control,  I've needed a bit of TLC.

As I chatted with my brother Martyn  in Bristol UK) yesterday afternoon he said  "you need a Ron and Char fix"

He was darn right.    I was happy to tell him that they had already invited me to their home last evening,  for some R and R.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to my Massachusetts friend Judy Beers I met Ron and Char when I moved to SRQ in 2006.

They are the creme de la creme.

My English family members - Maureen, Bern, Jean, John,. Martyn. Wendy, Sam, Ruth,  Dennis, Janet, Steve etc who have met R and C would agree without question.

My new (since 2006) SRQ friends Ben (dec'd), Bob, Betty, Mike, Charles, John, Gordon, Bill, Patrick  etc   -  the list goes on and on -  have also met R and C and they agree that they are the tops,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there I was last night, down at their home in the Gulf Gate area of SRQ

Ron's brother and sister in law, Bob and Claire from Beverly, MA were also there -  and that was very good.

Char knows that I like lamb chops, so we feasted on them.

Char does not particularly care for Brussels Sprouts, buy she know that I like them,so they too were on our plates.  (That's hospitality for you).

I stayed for just under two hours because I needed/wanted to be back at home with my "poorly": dog Penne.

But I drive home with a lighter spirit, knowing that in retirement I have been be-friended by splendid people, and that I am not alone in SRQ.




Last night.   Some of you may have seen this photo' on Char's Face Book page.  This version has been cropped and re-formulated by me, leaving out much of Bob Thompson  (sorry Bob!) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"