Feeling downright crabby recently.

The best and most delicious Crab cakes I have ever eaten were in a Restaurant called "The Green Room" in Hendersonville, N.C.  Big chunks of Crab and next to no filler.

The memory of that meal stayed with me, so much so that about two weeks ago I began to lust for Crab cakes.

I had two at a restaurant on May 14th.   The best I could say about them is that they had once has a passing acquaintanceship with a crab.

I tried again on May 16th at another restaurant. This time I judged that the Crab cakes had once seen a crab, from a distance.

"All of the filler, none of the meat!".

So there was nothing else to do but to make my own.

The recipe called for

1lb crab meat
1 1/2 tablespoons of bread crumbs.
2 teaspoons of chopped fresh parsley.
Salt and pepper to taste
1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoons of mayo
1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard.

I had only 12 oz of canned (and drained) lump Crab meat so I went easy on the bread crumbs,parsley, mayo, and mustard.

I baked the Crab cakes for 15 minutes at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, and then browned the tops and bottoms in a skillet with a bit of butter.

UM UM GOOD!

Almost worthy of "The Green Room". And sufficient for two meals each with 11/2 cakes.

Before cooking.

For lunch on May 21st, with cucumber, red pepper and heirloom tomatoes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"