Consecration of Sam Rodman as 12th Bishop of North Carolina

I had an excellent three day/two night visit to the Raleigh/Durham area.

I was able to see and eat with my friends from Pittsfield days, Kadi Kool and George Blaisdell, Jr ( I saw them in Feb 2016 too).

The chief reason for my visit was the consecration of Sam Rodman III  as Bishop of North Carolina.

The service in the Duke Chapel was spectacular.

I saw old Massachusetts friends Bishops Mark Hollingsworth, Gayle Harris and Barbara Harris; Karen Coleman, Jeff Mello. Debby Phillips et al.

Aside from the consecration itself (and the powerful sermon by Bishop Gayle Harris (she wuoted Bishop Barbara Harris who at Gayle's own consecration said "there will be days when being a Bishop will be richly rewarding, and there will be other days when it will be like trying to put panty-hose on an octopus!"

------------------------Aside from that it was a deep joy to see Sam's mother Mary Jane for the first time in at least twenty years, and his sisters Mikey (Mary Kate) and Annie for the first time in more years than that.

Mary Jane, Mikey, Annie and I had that sort of time when you grin from ear to ear, and at the same time have tears on your eyes.  Oh joy!

(More observations about my trip later today, or tomorrow.)

The newly minted Bishop and his wife Debbie in font of the Altar at Duke Chapel -  not my photo'.

Debbie Rodman, Sam Rodman and one of their daughters (whose nae I forget) at the reception.

Mikey Rodman, Mary Jane Rodman, (Annie's husband) Annie Rodman, (Annie's Daughter Addy)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"