DANGER BRIDGE OUT! (or that pesky Gremlin again)



I have a bridge on my bottom teeth to replace a tooth with a root so rotten that the Endodontist, honest man that he is, would no recommend a crown. 

I should say that I had the bridge, because it has gone AWOL.  Has the Gremlin been at work again?

BY WAY OF BACKGROUND (1)   I am a restless sleeper.  I sleep talk, I sleep laugh, I sleep walk.

BY WAY OF BACKGROUND (2)   I usually put the bridge in a tumbler of water before retiring for the night. I sometimes forget to do this.

When that happens I sometimes find that I have removed the bridge in my sleep and tucked it under my pillow.  I've also been known (again whilst sleeping) to throw the bridge across my bedroom.

Whatever I did last night (Thursday/Friday) the bridge has gone awol,   I cannot find it.   I have searched high and low -  no it's not under the bed, nor did I put it in a drawer or in my freezer during the night (you'd be surprised at what I do whilst sleep walking!)

It's nowhere to be seen. Did I flush it down the toilet?  Did it fall into the trap underneath  my bathroom sink? (I'll check the trap tomorrow).

Will it present itself three months from where I least expected to see it?   (This sometimes happens with lost articles). 

Failing my search and rescue efforts I'll be off to my Dentist on Monday to be fitted for a new bridge.  Think of it this way  "Povey invests in new infrastructure" 


Yours, baffled and amused, JMP




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"