There are Gremlins, and there are.........

There are Gremlins.

They are not all made by the now defunct American Motors Corporation.

AMC Gremlin


There are photocopier Gremlins.



Remember the days of frequent paper jams?  Some thirteen years ago when I was the Rector at St. James's Church in Cambridge, MA I came across the then "Clerk of the Vestry" (the wonderful James A) as he rushed to make photocopies before our Vestry meeting.  Dear James encountered some pain in the neck paper jams.

He ventured "this photocopier has a soul, and it is malevolent". I knew exactly what he meant.  The gremlins had been at work.

Some gremlins assailed me this afternoon.  I returned home from my exercise regime at the SRQ  YMCA, and could not find my Y pass.

 

















Had it dropped out of my pocket as I left the Y?

Had it dropped out of my pocket when I shopped at my local Ace Hardware on my way home?

Had I dropped it in the car? (my extensive search was fruitless).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit later I went over to Glen Oaks Manor  to visit my nonagenarian friend Betty.  Once in her house I reached into my back pocket. Lo and Behold, the pass was there.

Had it been always there?  NOT A CHANCE!!

You know and I know that the Gremlins had spirited the pass out of my pocket, then returned it later, just to confuse me.

 GREMLINS ARE LIKE THAT.

----------------------------------------------------------

But for every Gremlin there is also an ANGEL.


One such is Rose Marie who migrated from Hanover, Germany to the U.S.A. some sixty years ago.  I have gotten to know Rose Marie and her very scruffy dog Heidi in my peregrinations in the neighbourhood.   

I hadn't seen Rose Marie since before September 18th 2017 on which day I flew to the U.K.

We bumped into each other this evening.  Rose Marie let Heidi off her leash, and the latter came scampering down for a love-fest with her Uncle Michael.

Then the Angel Rose Marie and I had a lovely reunion.

She made up for all the Gremlins in my life!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"