What is this new language which professionals speak?

Our local NPR Station frequently carries commercials for Babbel.com.

The ads invite listeners to learn a new language *** "like Spanish French and German".

I have already heard this strange language.  It is spoken by my Vascular Surgeon and by the HVAC Engineer who repaired my HVAC today.

I saw the Vascular Surgeon about ten days ago.  He told me that he wanted me to have a test, a "blubbadamuggathingy".

 I nodded knowingly but I hadn't a clue what he meant. At first I thought that he wanted me to take a weekend trip to the moon and back.  I knew that could not be right.  I thought about it and came to the conclusion that in fact he wanted me to clean his office bathrooms.

The HVAC engineer was at my home yesterday and today to fix the lack of heat.

He said that it was because of a "thingymuggablubadad" which had malfunctioned.

I nodded knowingly as I pondered his words. Was he telling me that the ghost of Marlon Brando had malfunctioned on my roof; or that peppermint schnapps is great on braised liver?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goodness gracious - this new language like Spanish French and German which is spoken by Vascular Surgeons and HVAC Engineers alike   is so hard to understand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I 'phoned the Surgeon's Office to find out about the test    In truth I am not to have a "blubbadamuggathingy".  

In fact  am to have an  ultra sound on Friday 5th.  Yep, a simple old fashioned ultra sound.

This seems wise in view of my peripheral arterial disease, and the insertion of a stent in my left descending artery last May.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

As for the HVAC Engineer .  Phew, the problem was not a "thingymuggablubadad". Instead it was a heating coil which had died.  He replaced it. I now have heat. My home repairs savings account is depleted by more dollars that I wish to disclose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.


Ultra sound

Heating Coil


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If only Surgeons and Engineers spoke English rather than this new language;  the one which is "like Spanish French and German"!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** If only Babell.Com would offer,  and NPR advertise a language such as  Spanish, French or German.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"