Too much cod, and a Newfie Recipe.



Detwiler's (pronounced Detwlyers) is our local Mennonite owned Farm Market with three stores. 

(The FARM bit should be in inverted commas [quotation marks].  I believe  that they get much of their produce from a Tampa Bay area wholesaler).

Farm or not,  Detwiler's has a pretty good Fishmonger counter.  It was there that I bought some Cod at a fair price.  I asked for "that big piece". 


That big piece  weighed 2 lbs! 


I lb is in my freezer.   I used the other 1 lb to make Codfish and Potato cakes "Newfoundland Style"


http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17777/cod-fish-cakes/


Some of  ones I made


I gave some to my friends C and R.   C is of Newfie heritage.  She said "  "Authentic and delicious"

He said  "Best fish cakes ever"

Nothing to do with me, I just followed a recipe.  But I am glad that C and R enjoyed them.

---------------------------------------------------

Just in case you have forgotten, I have a splendid dog named Zion.

He loves to put his head on my leg.  That's hard to photograph, but here is my best effort.





I should be so lucky!

Of course the import of this post is less about Codfish/Potato cakes, and more about Mr Perfect (a.k.a. Zion).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"