A Jolly Good Day! (with a lachrymose moment),

13th March 2018

Off to the Goodwill used book store on Clark Rd/Derek Rd SRQ at 10:00. today.  There I bought two good priced books by my current favourite authors Joyce Carol Oates ("Beasts"), and Isabel Allende ("The House Of The Spirits").

From there to Trader Joe's to get their good and low priced dog food; their excellent Ciabatta Bread; and "Irish Style" bangers, a new product in their range.

"Bangers and Mash" soon!

See this  https://youtu.be/aGFpVN2xwXU

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That being accomplished I met my good friend Rick P for lunch at  Sabrosa on South Osprey (opposite P.F. Chang's).

Here is a puff piece about Sabrosa

https://youtu.be/raRlIGABOKs

The food is good!

I had  

CARNITAS (Street TACOS)
(MICHOACÁN, MEXICO)

Pulled pork, Sabrosa Sauce drizzle.  

with CHIPOTLE SLAW (MEXICO) as a side.


Oh Yum!





----------------------------------------


EXCUSE THE FOLLOWING UPPER case letters. My computer is being silly and will not allow me to use lower case.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My plan had been to eat outside 'cause Zion was with me. BUt it was a bit chilly so rick asked a server if we might inside.  She (with the deepest wink you can imagine) said "Only if it is a service dog".

So zion became a service dog, we ate inside and he behaved!

-----------------------------------------------------

Since we were in the area i took zion to sarasota's bay front park for a half mile walk after lunch. It's a lovely area.







There we encountered some nice children walking out with their parents. Two of the children asked if they might pet my lovely dog.

Of course i AGREED: what a PLEASURE it was to share my lovely and gentle dog with THESE youngsters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

each morning and evening i prepare zion's food.

as i do so he comes into the kitchen.

the food being set out i say (in a gentle voice) "what do we do now?"

my gentle beast immediately sits down and does not move until I give him the "o.K.".

He did so this morning.




(Now lower case is working!  Go figure)

This morning my eyes filled with tears at the very sight of this beautiful beast who brings such joy to me and to others. I should be so lucky!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"