I am not antediluvian or luddite by nature...BUT

When it comes to text messages I am a flop!



My old fingers and thumbs are no longer nimble, so I use a stylus. 

It works for me.

But that's not the issue.  

You see,  I text in sentences, using fullstops, commas, parentheses,  and capitalization etc.

Silly me!

CASE IN POINT

I have been trying to arrange  a late lunch with Jacob T  (son of Jonathan T and the Revd Andi T, (formerly of Sarasota).

Jacob stayed in the area as he is enrolled at New College, Sarasota.

I sent him by text what was almost an essay as I made a suggestion for our lunch rendezvous.

He replied with one word:- "Solid", indicating that my suggestion was good for him.

I write a term paper by text.  Jacob T replies with one word!

I suppose that I should master the texting language and etiquette.  

Jacob is decades ahead of me in this learning.

Whatever  ( I can be with it!)  I look forward to lunch with this fine young man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"