Adventure on the Campus




Friday May 11th  saw me on the campus of New College in Sarasota with Zion my trusty pal and therapy dog.

We were there (with five other therapy dogs) at the College's finals time in order to give students a relaxing "dog fix" at a stressful time.

Jacob (Jake) Taylor is a sophomore at New College. He is a son of our former assistant Rector the Revd Andrea (Andi) Taylor and Jonathan Taylor.  I'd alerted Jake that we would be at his College so he came to see Zion and me. We had a pleasant and fruitful chat.

The therapy part was not a one way street.  For I was able to have good conversations with some of the young men and woman at New College.   They are bright and charming people. It's cool that these 18-22 year olds wanted to shoot the breeze with an aging old fart such as I!  The trick is to ask questions and not to pontificate.

A young woman took some lovely  candids of Zion using the "portrait' feature on her new I-phone.

I gave her my e-mail address, but there was a mistake along the way so her photo's never arrived.

BUT BECAUSE

a) The Humane Society of Sarasota County  (my sponsor) has a great relationship with New College  and...

b)  I remembered the first name of this student and ...

c) The students who came for a dog fix had to sign a college waiver and could be identified, even by first name and...

(d) New College has but 900 students

Because of all this the New College staff person who arranges these events was able to track the young woman down, and this good student sent me the photo's today. 


Way to go eh?

Here are some of her photo's of my gorgeous and gracious dog at New College.



His beauty brings tears to my eyes.




What a gorgeous and gentle dog.  I love him to bits.  He brings me such joy and I am glad to share the joy with Nursing Home residents and with College students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"