Let it be greasy!

Don't tell my heart doctor that I had a burger today. (It's O.K. Dr. Y, this dietary sin was an aberration on my part).

I was with my friend Ashley L, the daughter of my good pals Jack and Donna C.

We went, at my suggestion to CULVERS, a Wisconsin based chain which has recently expanded to America's Cholesterol Capital (Florida).

I chose a Sourdough Melt













Oh my goodness, it was so delicious.  Cheese notwithstanding the burger meat itself was greasy to the point of bliss. Such good flavour.

The best burgers cannot be made with lean ground meat. It's the fat which makes them so tasty!

O.K. so my "side" was not fries or cheese fries.  I chose coleslaw to offset the fat.  (Coleslaw made with Mayo which itself  is all too fatty!).

Dietary wisdom apart it was so good to relax,  and chat with Ashley. She is a good soul.

Let there be grease!  At least once a year.

Sadly to say Culvers issues plastic knives and forks for those who need such implements.  They also offer plastic straws  (ugh!) for their soft drinks.  Thank you very much, but I was well able to drink my iced tea (in a paper cup) without the aid of a straw.  





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"