June Visitors



Some eleven to thirteen Wood Storks have taken up temporary residence at my neighbouring Glen Oaks Manor community, here in Sarasota, FL

I delight in these birds with their pink feet and long bills.  I've never before seen so many in one place.

I took my real camera with me this afternoon to try to get some better shots than with my smart 'phone.  My digital camera has a screen but no view finder, so taking photo's in bright sun is  difficult.   This is the best I could do.  (Noel Bailey, I need you!)
















Wood Storks look great in the air.   With a dog leash in one hand and a camera in the other I couldn't snap one in flight today .  

These are from the web.






More about wood storks here:



https://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/wood-stork


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"