When I was young(er) and beardless en·tr'acte - More tomorrow.

In which I plan to re-visit the summer of 1975 when I grew a beard,  and traveled 9,500 miles around the USA and Canada by Trailways 'bus, with my then girl friend Ann (of happy memory).



I am in my "Operation Clean Up"  as part of which I have opened up a Scrap Book which I made in 1975 - my first summer in the U.S.A.

I've not looked at the Scrap Book in many a long year (probably thirty) -  but even as it is falling apart my memories of that summer have been delicious.  Fortunately I kept a journal that summer so I have a reference point for old memories.

The toy 'bus above?  Yes,  I bought it in 1975 as a souvenir of that long 'bus ride.  It's been on show in so many of my homes,but next to no people have asked me why it is on display.

1975 marked a major and good turning point in my life.  It led to so many good things about which I am deeply grateful. 

I have free time tomorrow (Tues 14th Aug) so I plan to write a bit about my long 'bus ride with Ann, some of the places we visited and the people we met (but not about our sore bums after so many 'bus miles!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"