If you are in need of a good laugh.....

....... laugh at me.

I was walking out with Zion eight evenings ago and encountered my friends Rick and John as they walked with their dogs.

They began to laugh and pointed out that my shirt was hopelessly mis-buttoned.  I joined in the merriment and told them that I was not surprised for I had once shown up to Church wearing mis-matched sneakers.

The next night was Ben's Bar  (a weekly gathering of friends of the late Ben Morse).  I buttoned my shirt with care, and arrived at the host home announcing loudly to Rick and John that I'd got it right this time.  I hadn't.  

More hilarity, this time with the whole gang.

'Twas Ben's Bar again tonight.  I stood before the mirror at home and buttoned my shirt with care. I walked with my dog to this week's hosting couple.  I boasted of my skill to the assembled guys.

All well and good,  except that they were quick to point out that I had neglected to zip up my fly!

Maybe I need a valet, but on the whole I'd rather have a gang of pals who laugh at and with me.

Stock photo'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"