Sad and Mad


When I moved to Glen Oaks Ridge in 2006 the planting circle between my villa and the next was in poor shape apart from four good palms.

The ground was covered with some way past their best junipers, weeds, and grass.


I took a year to improve it by planting oyster plants, prostate porter weed, hibiscus and mexican fire bush (as well as a rubber tree plant which was languishing in a pot just outside my front door).

I helped to create a circle of beauty, not just for me, but for the neighbourhood and maintained it by weeding and trimming as necessary. 

I do not have a "before" picture save for this hibiscus in all its glory.

I came home today to find that apart from the palms every single bush and planting had been removed by the so-called landscaping company.



The vandalism of beauty.

Who authorised this?  If the board member for grounds did this without consulting the entire board then his authority must be questioned. No one person in a community should be allowed to be a vandal. (He does not have an advisory committee).

I have written and hand delivered a letter to each and every board member requesting that the matter be brought before the whole board at their next meeting.

It's hard to create.  It's easy to destroy.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"