Tactile pleasure

So much produce is packed in tightly sealed plastic  (blah). that it is hard to remember that it once grew on a tree, or a bush, or in the soil.

I rebel against this industrialization of our food. I try very  hard not  to buy those "oh so convenient" bags of lettuce, onions, squashes etc. which have been pealed, chopped and "washed" prior to being sold.  (Much loved Trader Joes is a serial offender.)

I take primitive pleasure in peeling root vegetables

Today


as I did today.  

I par-boiled  the peeled carrots, together with some par-boiled parsnips.  Then I roasted them alongside a butternut squash with maple syrup in the "well".


Yum.

Such a good meal!


Damn!  Delicious!  Delightful! 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"