if I've been asked once, I've been asked a hundred times......

..... "what breed is he?"  "He" of course being Zion.

For the longest time I've been saying - "maybe a bit of Golden Retriever, and some Brittany Spaniel".

I think that I've been correct about the Brittany Spaniel bit, but not about the Golden Retriever.

One day last week a couple (probably in their early thirties) hopped off their bikes to take a look at Zion.   Turns out that they own two Great Pyrenees Dogs, and they saw a lot of G.P. in Zion -  his coat and feathering, his stance, and his beard (or ruff).  And they noted his double dew claws (front and back legs) - which is very common in Great Pyrenees.

The next day I saw another walker, who said that he had owned two Brittany Spaniels and that he saw some Brittany in Zion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------


Great Pyrenees, note the beard/ruff

 Brittany Spaniel Pup, note the colouring patterns.



Zion, with his beard/ruff and colouring clearly visible.

-------------------------------------------

So now when I am asked, I should say "maybe a cross of a Great Pyrenees with a Brittany Spaniel".

Or I could say "a noble and ancient breed which only top drawer Englishmen are allowed to own".

But I could also revert to my usual explanation which is "he is an attention hound".

Better still  

"thebestdamndoginthewholeworldanddon'tyoudarequestionthat"

😝



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"