My favourite flower

A financial website I use requires me to answer a "secret question" before I can gain access.

I have several options. One of the choices is "What is your favourite flower?"

The answer I entered when I registered is LUPIN.

It's not necessarily my favourite, but it was the first I learned to identify when I was knee high to a grasshopper. Mum struggled to have a flower garden in our back garden (yard in the U.S.A), but it was hard work in a small west facing area which was also a play area for the children.

But one or two lupines defied the odds, and they fascinated me (at aged 4 ?)

Maybe I was fascinated by the unusual shape of the blossoms, or of the unusual leaves, (who knows the mind of a four year old?) 

But I am still fascinated by Lupines (which do not flourish in the semi-tropical climate of  South West Florida).

Wild Lupines in California.  I have been fortunate enough to see these in full bloom alongside the highway.

Lupines in California alongside California Poppies

Cultivated  Lupines in the U.K.

Lupine leaves, (digitals?)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"