Don't be a POVEY

Yesterday afternoon (6th July) I set out to Lakewood Ranch  ( a horrid and huge housing  "development", which has swallowed  up much good agricultural land east of Interstate 75  -  mostly in Manatee County, FL).

* I call LWR a "desert with grass": there is no 'there' there.  It's a place to get lost. 

I was at LWR to meet my friend Ashley Lloyd, and  to see a Movie at the Lakewood Ranch Cinemas, very near to the modern and faux Main Street (Disney light!). 

The Movie was "Yesterday".

BUT DAMMIT I could not find the Cinemas.  Yep they had vanished from view.

In semi-desperation I pulled to the side of the road and asked a pedestrian " do you know how I can find the Lakewood Ranch Cinemas?" 

He grinned and said:  "see that building across the road, the one that has a huge sign reading "CINEMAS".






O
Then he added " did I pass the test?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  


In plain sight!


Oh dear  -  don't be a Povey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"