Oh no! Back to bloaters - and other comestibles,



Bought some smoked herrings at my local supermarket today.  Produce of Canada (most likely from the Maritime Provinces).  

Probably the nearest thing to bloaters this side of Lowestoft.

I have to soak them in cold water for at least for four hours before they are fit to be cooked.  I'll probably pan fry them for breakfast with a poached egg on top.

Dear friend D'Arlene Llewellyn  -  I won't make you eat them, but I will let you know if they are gooood!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been on a Macaroni and Cheese binge for a few weeks. (Please don't tell my Primary Care Physician!)

Here is my latest home cooked offering  



Macaroni, morbier and cheddar cheese, with chicken sausage.

I cheat (or take a short cut) so instead of making a white sauce, I mix up the whole mess of food with store bought Alfredo sauce before baking it.  Works for me,  and adds a good garlicky flavour. 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there is healthy food!  My local market has been selling extraordinarily good peaches from Georgia -  the ones that are so ripe and juicy that you need to eat them over the kitchen sink.

These great and tasty peaches have afforded me a good breakfast these recent days. Great peaches  -  even better when eaten  with a smear of  Almond Butter.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know know what you think and what your taste buds say!

========================================
Smoked Herring: yes or no.


Mac ' Cheese:  good but could be better.

Peaches with Almond butter:  Well worth a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"