Out with the old - they had to go!


These old sneakers/training shoes/walking shoes  -  whatever you call them - just had to go after about six months of wear and tear. (I walk a lot!)



No amount of super glue could repair the soles.

I must have a strange gait as shown by this left foot shoe.

Some may remember that I bought a snazzy replacement pair at Kohl's the other week, only to discover when I got home that they were womens shoes, with womens sizes.

Since I was in danger of wearing the soles of the old ones until they disappeared, I set out to look for replacements this morning.



Here they are in all their glory, a nice pair of Nikes!  You may think that this is no big deal, after all, we all purchase shoes from time to time.

It is a big deal when you are looking for half sizes, and wide shoes.

I need size  81/2  wide. This size is  more difficult to find than a Republican who is a member of the ACLU.

Triumph and joy -  I found just the size  I needed at the local Bealls Store, less than a mile from my home.

What's even better I snagged them for $49 - a "bargain" for this kind of footwear.

And because they are brand new I don't want to wear them because they will immediately begin to wear out. (Is that a male thing or do women also buy new clothes or footwear and then decline to wear them because they are new!?)

Who knows.  But I have dealt with my new shoes issues by pitching the old ones.



I won't, I won't, I won't take them out of the trash can so that I can wear these sad old things again.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"