A visitor to Glen Oaks Ridge, Sarasota, FL

Zion and I spotted her/him last Wednesday morning as we took our early morning walk, long before daybreak.

There she/he was, squatting in the middle of a planting circle just outside my villa; big eyes following our every move 

Mr. Zion was hugely excited and wanting to start a chase:  so much so that I did not let him off the leash until we were well and truly indoors.

My neighbour B. (a nocturnal walker) also saw him/her (the animal) on Thursday morning as she/he dashed across the street.

What had we seen?  

B. and I have come to the conclusion that the Glen Oaks Ridge visitor was an albino Racoon.





So gorgeous to look at of course.

But some sadness too. 

Because of their colour,  Albino animals stand out in the crowd, making them vulnerable to predators.  

And they are frequently rejected by the "mainstream" pack,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"