My humour wasted.


I am still mulling my rich experiences on Tuesday and Wednesday: 

(Two lectures on "The Messiah and the Jews" at Sarasota's Temple Emanu-El; and my participation in the Transgender Day of Remembrance ceremony here in Sarasota).

Both events stretched my mind and spirit,  (that's good), but I need time.  I will reflect on these events in a future blog, but it will be a day or two before I can do so without ranting.   

"What jmp, a ranter?" you say.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime here is a bit of dogged  POVEY HUMA, which was utterly wasted!


Cairn Terrier

I called today to make an appointment with t
he business at which  my beloved dog Zion gets his bath. I was told that  the first available slot is on Nov 30th,

I said "Nov 30th is St. Andrew's Day".

There was silence at the end of the line.

I added "St. Andrew is the Patron Saint of Scotland".

Yet more silence.

I soldiered on. "That being the case" I added, "I'll leave my dog at home and bring in a Cairn Terrier".

The concluding silence convinced me that my wacko sense of humour  was altogether too esoteric  (or weird).

I hope that you will giggle at my silliness!  If not, may the Universe have mercy on Thee and I!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"