Dafty old coot. Yes, me!





There are two strains of old coot behavior:  the Grumpy and the Daffy.  I can be both.

With that in mind,  perhaps I should not have mentioned in my blog yesterday of the possibility of being pulled over by the Police under suspicion of driving whilst being an old coot.

For today I was clearly a daffy old coot.  Utterly daffy!

I was at my barber shop -  the one I have used for thirteen years.    I opted to wait in for the owner (Patrick) even though his chair-rental barber was not busy.

The chair-rental barber began to speak to me.  I responded as best I could,  given that his voice was very soft.

In due course I asked him to speak up 'cause I could hardly hear what he was saying.

At which point  Patrick and the man in his chair burst into laughter.

"He's not talking to you"  Patrick said  -  "he is having a conversation with someone via his mobile 'phone".

I was exposed as a "daffy old coot",   in public!

I could not restrain my laughter.  You should also have a giggle about my daffy old coot-ness! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"