This early bird ..

This early bird (with his faithful companion) left our home at 5:40 a.m. Sat 2nd November to get some of the fabulous bread at Mama G's Bakery and Coffee (on route 41, behind the airport, next to Captain Brian's).

https://www.mamagscoffee.com/welcome

I'd bought a fabulous loaf  of crusty bread there earlier in the week and wanted to be there at the opening time of 6:00 a.m. to get more.

Oh dear.  The cafe was open, but the bread does not come out until 8:00 a.m.

So Zion and I drove south on the trail, and had a good and refreshing walk at Bayfront Park, with a cool breeze coming off the Bay.

From there we went to one of the two Winn-Dixie Supermarkets left in Sarasota.   Zion didn't ask why but I was dead set to get some good wine which was on sale as a "twofer" before the store ran out.


I'd had a glass of this wine at the home of a friend, and it was so good that I wanted to lay in a stock.

Normally retailing at $11.96 it's a bargain at the price of two for one.  In truth I bought four bottles for the price of two.

Then it was back to Mama G's for the bread. I bought two loaves.

French style

Sour Dough

I have an English born friend who, like me, loves a thick slice of good crusty bread, either well toasted, slathered with butter and jam, and eaten hot; or cut thick for a sandwich - a sandwich in which the bread is not incidental, but is as vital as the contents. 

So one of the loaves was for her, the other for me.

I was an early bird to get good bread, and fine wine.  Who could ask for anything more?!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"