A Belly Laugh On Christmas Day



Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas.

As a matter of fact, neither did the earliest Christians.

On Christmas Day 2019 two middle+ aged J.W's (a woman and a man)  were making their quiet witness in Arlington Park.  They sat quietly on a bench opposite the dog park, with an easel which announced their presence, waiting with patience in the event that some person would care to hear their witness.  

As I walked by the woman made a wee fuss of Zion, and the three of us said hallo,

Then, knowing that J.W's do not observe Christmas, and with  twinkle in my eye I said  "Happy Wednesday"

The man caught my humour and burst into a great belly laugh.  He knew that I was not being unkind.

"You caught my humour" I said,   "Oh yes" he replied, and this time the woman joining him, we all laughed again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"