Kitchen-less for a couple of days.

I am, not before time, having the lighting in my kitchen replaced, and greatly improved. 

It's been so poor that I couldn't see the end of my nose.

Therefore my kitchen has been out of use all day.  

I had a hearty breakfast, skipped lunch, and invited myself to dinner with my friends Donna and Jack Chrisman, and their daughter Ashley Lloyd.

It was a very fine dinner prepared by Ashley: a salad with baby spinach and heirloom tomatoes, and some wonderful pork loin with pasta and delicious sauce.

Shall I say d e l i c i o u s,   better than anything I could/would cook.

The kitchen work is three quarters done and will be finished by Wednesday evening.

This is good -  I have worked in an ill-lighted kitchen for many years - all too long.

This is bad -  I'll have to find new excuses to savour and enjoy Ashley's cooking!



"It all makes work for the working man to do". 
(Michael Flanders and Donald Swann)


P.S.  Did I tell you that dessert was home-made Baklava, purchased at the Sarasota/Manatee GLENDI festival  at St. Barbara's Greek Orthodox Church?










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"