1st May. A durn good day

My handyman finished up the repairs/renovations  which were needed because of my minor flood.

He put in the dry wall, them primed and painted it. He'd re-constructed the cupboard which had been badly damaged.  Skilled man that he is, he made it about 2" less wide.  My new to me  (but previously owned) fridge had been a tight fit, now it has breathing room.




My kitchen cabinets are old and tired, and I am too old and tired to replace them!    When I go to England in September  (fingers crossed)  he will repaint them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashley came for lunch.  She and I ate at separate tables on the Lanai.    We split a fabulous  vegetarian quesadilla  from the redoubtable "Reyna's Taquieria"  here in town, and enjoyed their flan for dessert.








-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then it was off to the brand new and spiffy "Tyre Kingdom" on North Beneva, just over a mile from my home.

I needed four new tyres and they gave me the best estimate. It was pleasure to do business with them.

I was in and out in 80 minutes.    As I waited I read a bit,  then had a long and stimulating conversation with one of their front desk "Associates". It was a quiet day at Tyre Kingdom!



------------------------------------------------------------------


Earlier in the day I'd gotten a text message from M.  She is one of the two pharmacists at my local Walgreens,  and the President of Zion's Fan Club.

M alerted me that it was C's last day at the pharmacy. "Might I be able, M. asked, to stop by and say good-bye? ".  C. is about to move to the D.C. area where her husband's extended family lives.  She has a position with Walgreens there)

C is a staff member who deals with the public when they pick up scrips in person or in drive by, and field their telephoned questions. She is great.

I stopped by.  


Zion and C. had their final love-fest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A purdy good May Day!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"