My New Toy















When I first bought a  Smart 'Phone some four years ago, I chose a Samsung with the Android operating system, simply because Best Buy had them on sale for a bit over $100.

It has served me well, but oh it is so heavy and clunky; and entirely prone to "pocket dialing".

So I used the money I didn't have to spend on Auto Insce. renewal this year   (remember that I got a new policy with increased coverage when I got sick of AAA Insurance which has increased the rate they demand by over $500 in two years.   My new carrier has a much lower rate -  and since it was found by my Insce. Broker Firm which has been in business since 1927,  I trust them).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the new 'phone at a Verizon Store.  It is smaller, slimmer and lighter than the Android (yeah!). 

In the olden days the vendors of Smart 'Phones would transfer all the data from the old to the new.  But Verizon no longer does this  (boo!).

They told me that it would be a piece of cake to do this at home.  

They did not tell me that the "piece of cake" was akin to Hard Tack.

I tried to make the transfer at home, but as we say in the U.K. I "made a Pig's Ear of it".

Woe was me until on Saturday last, when after many attempts, I got through to an Apple super techie.

She was wonderful.  She walked me through every step with great patience and clear directions. And it worked!  Huzzahs for her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I like my new 'phone.  I still have so much to learn about how to use it.

In the olden pre-covid days there would be wonderful tutorials about the use of i-phones at our Libraries or at Sarasota's ACE (Adult Community Education).

That is not to be for now, but I will not whine.

(Well, I will not whine too much!)

P.S.

My good neighbour B. and I have twice walked the local Bobby Jones Golf Course, now open for walkers and cyclists in the absence of Golf.

Both times we have been utterly disoriented  with no idea as to whether we were walking N, S,  E, or W.

My new toy has an inbuilt Compass.

B. will hold the Compass next Sunday,  as I hang on to Zion's leash.




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"