Biting the Expensive Bullet

 My essential friend was about to give up the ghost.  So sad.


It is the A/C unit which I had installed about 12 years ago.  Enough was enough after those years of faithful service, even though I had hoped that it would outlive me.

It was refusing to lower the indoor temp. below 82f.

I could have opted for a $3000 repair, but it's a bit like having an old car: "when do you you decide that the recurring costs of repairs are not a good investment?"

So today I invested in a new unit, at a cost of just over $6,000. 

Thank goodness that I have a savings account which is dedicated to necessary home repairs and renewals.

The new unit (on the roof of my single story Condo) was installed, and up and running in three hours.

God willing this one will  outlive me!



The workers arrive.




Last time I had a new unit installed it needed a crane to hoist it to the roof.


This time the workers used a sophisticated hoist.



My "master bedroom"  has an access point to the loft, situated in the walk-in closet.  I have never dared to explore the loft (which could be used as storage space.)   I do not have surplus "stuff" which needs to be squirreled away (yeah!), but the workers needed to use the hot, hot, hot loft today.


Now to enjoy the cool air!


With a somewhat guilty thought for the billions for whom air conditioning would be but a fanciful dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"