Joy and beauty in bleak days

 My day began with joy.  

I had an appointment this with Dr Charles Stewart,  an Orthopedist at



Turned out that the pain which I thought had been in my right hip, was in fact a condition known as:

 Sacroiliitis: an inflammation of one or both of the  sacroiliac joints.  It is a condition which is intermittent and will never need surgery.  It responds well to Ibuprofen.  PHEW!

Phew indeed, but long before I saw an R.N., a Radiologist, or the Doctor I was greeted by the two young women at the reception desk.

Despite their masks I could see the bright and engaging smiles in their eyes. Wonderful, and energizing! A most joyful beginning to the day!    I told them so, and said that I might stop by every morning to start my day out right!

I also took care to tell Dr. Stewart that the front desk staff made all the difference.

-------------------------------------------------------------


And there is also beauty which can lift our spirits in this increasingly miserable world.

Take this video for instance.  I dare you to watch it without getting teary eyes!


https://youtu.be/oDEu39FLYpw


And this Spanish Romance via my friend Annie R.


https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=326033208804378



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"