KITCHEN GLOVE TIME and JOB OPPORTUNITY IN THE GIG ECONOMY



Parsnips are good.  


Roasted until they are caramelised,  or mashed with a wee bit of butter and a shaking of pepper, or in a soup ( see below), or in a hearty winter stew.


Parsnips are bad.


I have an allergic reaction of my hands when I peel them.  Hence the use of kitchen gloves.




Needed urgently during my cooking spree.

Prep Chef, and Dishwasher.

Salary?  My unbounded affection and gratitude.

Not enough?  Ah well I'll do my own prep, and taken care of my own dirty pots and pans.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

On the menu today.



Cauliflower Cheese.  The secret ingredients are  hidden pieces of cooked bacon and bratwurst.

------------------------------------------------------------------------




Leek and parsnip soup; with a wee bit of potato to add body. The secret ingredient is heavy cream. To be served hot or cold, with a garnish of chives.


Yes indeed, COVID 19 boredom is driving me into the kitchen. The grub I make to eat and share is by no means  Haute Cuisine.   But it is  pretty darn good.  Or so I say,







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"