Small Church World: making connections, Provenzano ( Western Massachusetts); Morck (Cambridge, MA), Gomez (Quito, Ecuador)

Connections


Bishop Provenzano  + Obismo (Bishop) Gomez


Lawrence (Larry) Provenzano and I were colleagues in the Episcopal Diocese of Western Massachusetts. Larry is now the (Episcopal) Bishop of Long Island.  I met Francisco Duque Gomez when he was Bishop of Central Ecuador.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chris and Trish Morck were parishioners at St. James's Church, Cambridge, MA when I was the Rector there.

I had a bit of a hand in Chris's journey towards ordination as a Priest.

For good and blessed reasons he was ordained in Quito, Ecuador in Oct 2010 by Obispo (Bishop) Francisco Duque Gomez


I was there as one of Chris's  "presenters", (as well as spending an interesting week in Ecuador  - attempted National Police Coup  d' etat  anyone! ), and having a joyful time with the Morcks (Chris, Trish, Isabella and Clare);  with a bit of sight-seeing, and much good food  thrown in.













Today a photo' of Bishop Provenzano with Obismo Gomez sprung up on Face Book. I recognised the Obismo immediately, and with great joy.


Goodness gracious.  It's a small, small Episcopal Church world. 

And I have been privileged to be a part of it in Western Massachusetts; in Cambridge MA,  and in Quito, Ecuador.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"