Not Flying Through the Air; but Walking On Air Today. YEAH DELTA AIRLINES



You will remember that I had planned  to  go to England last  September for the marriage celebration of my nephew Dan and his partner Chrissy. Their plans were interrupted by COVID 19  and changed to March 2021. 

So I changed my USA/UK flights for the celebration from September 2020 to March 2021. 

Delta Airlines made that change without charge.
 
The not so good news is that with COVID 19 being rampant in both our countries I decided that it would not be wise to travel as soon as next March.
 
I called Delta this morning, having been previously advised that if I cancelled they would give me a voucher to use on future flights.

 
The very good news for me is that I encountered the best Delta employee ever.
 
I told her that I knew that I would get a voucher.  

She said that she wanted to get me a full refund. 

The refund department said no; but the agent said  "I am not satisfied with that, and I will speak to a supervisor." 
 
I had to stay on the line for thirty minutes, but the good agent spoke to me about every five minutes to assure me that she was still working on it.
 
Work on it she did!   Then the good news came through.  I will get a full refund back to my credit card. (and it's a lot of money, cause I was planning to fly business class),
 
This means that I can be very flexible in planning a visit to England. I hope that it will be later in 2021, maybe in September COVID willing.
 
Customer service par excellence!  I am chuffed!
 
I made sure to thank and praise this superb Delta employee with enthusiasm and deep gratitude.

(In the meantime Dan and Chrissy were wed in a Civil Ceremony. They  plan a September 2021 event as  a party, with a few prayers from me!/. Let's hope that I can be there)

Here is a big "shout out" to Delta Airlines. This is the third time that their customer service has done me well. Way to go Delta!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"