It's the Strangest Thing

 


My eyes and the Moderna Covid 19 vaccination




I wrote yesterday  about the odd ocular phenomenon as I drove home after my first vacc.  The street lights; and the headlights of oncoming cars seemed to have what I can only call a jagged halo, or corona.


This image of the Sun, from a children's book, "sort of" how I perceived those lights. A centre light and a jagged halo.

I drove with great caution, and was glad to arrive home, safe and sound.

This morning as I walked Zion at 5:00 a.m. I saw the oddest thing. From every street light and outdoors house light I perceived a beam of light, quite separate from the ambient light.

For illustration only


'Twas all very odd. We are not used to seeing individual beams.  

 In fact,  when I walked through a street with four houses on the same side, each with an outdoors light, I saw four beams, first far apart, and then converging into one beam at my point of sight.

Soon after 6:00 a.m. I took to the roads again, on my way to a Sarasota Memorial Hospital outpost for a blood draw.  My primary care physician not only wants my money, she also asks for my blood!

As I drove, I once again "saw" the jagged halo effect from street lights and oncoming car headlights.

What is this all about?

Maybe I'll never know.

It's not listed as a possible side effect for the Moderna Vaccine.  I have enrolled in the CDC follow up site, so I have checked with them, just to be sure.

One friend suggested that it could be a symptom of hypertension, but although hypertension can cause eyesight problems; the reputable sites (Mayo Clinic and Loma Linda Hospital) do not mention individual light beans as a symptom of hypertension.

It could be that I have an eye infection - my eyes have recently been very itchy.  I have thought this to be an allergic reaction to Oak tow, but maybe I  am wrong.  If this condition continues I will most certainly schedule an appointment with an Ophthalmologist. 

I ask a favour from all you:  Please do not suggest a diagnosis unless you know more than the CDC; or the Mayo Clinic; or the Loma Linda Hospital.  I beg of you!

In the meantime you should know that my friend Steve C who lives in Atlanta (and whose birthday it is today) suggested that I should take to the airways and blogs to proclaim "Alleluia I've found the light"

I declined lest my Face Book friends might conclude that my new light beams emanate from Mara Largo.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"