March 1st -- St. David's Day

Earlier today I posted a bit about the Welsh Saint David's Day: March 1st.


Unfortunately the "Google Translate" app.  misled me,  so that my posting in Welsh had to do with St. Valentine, rather than with David of WALES. ( thanks Annie R for pointing this out).


The symbol for David of Wales is the leek; probably because he was most likely a vegetarian. 

Who wants to wear a Leek as a buttioner  (sp?) .  NOT A SOUL. 

Thus the Daffodil has supplanted the leek as a symbol for Wales.

TOSH!  Long live the Leek.


Sautéed in Coconut  milk;  with a Welsh lamb chop, and Baby potatoes. Coming soon to my stomach!


Who could ask for anything more? 

.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"