Not much, and Volunteers

NOT MUCH

Why do we say that “I printed it up” (e.g. from my computer) when “I printed it” would be sufficient?

Why do they say “It was auctioned off”, when “It was auctioned” would make perfect sense?

Why do British people say “She is in hospital”, whilst Americans say “She is in the hospital”?


Why did I used to say “I got off of the ‘bus”, when I could have said “I got off the ‘bus”?

===================================================

VOLUNTEERS

The following was posted by a guest at Resurrection House.

WE the willing, led by the unknowing,
Are doing the impossible, for the sometimes ungrateful.

We have done so much, for so many,
For so long, with so little.

We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

(And still have something left over!) ”


===============================

Shalom


jmp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"