The things I see.

1. When I walk each morning I see two lovely “human made” lakes with various aquatic birds getting ready for the daylight. Most mornings I see marvellous sunrises with the lakes all golden. I see other walkers. Many are with their dogs - and they are now my friends (the dogs not the owners!).

2. When I walk on the business streets nearby I see all too much trash. You never see this when you drive.

3. If I walk downtown I see so many businesses with no customers. Life is tough for small time entrepreneurs. I wonder how they hang on.

4. When walking downtown I also see many of the homeless. This happened today. After lunch with my co-volunteers Len and Carol Higby, I walked back to my car and encountered some of my Res House friends. Leo was there. He said “Pastor Michael, you make me feel edgy”. I sat on the park bench alongside him and asked “why is that?” He replied “oh that does not matter, but I love you”.

5. As I drive around town I see many signs. One, at a cafe, says “free coffee with breakfast or lunch”. Another, at an apartment complex, reads “free gas or food for a year if you rent”. At many street intersections I see folks with signs which they wave - signs for this business or another. The “wavers” are paid about six bucks an hour for their thankless task. Their signs are a “sign” that business is bad.

6. And I see the lovely faces of homeless women and men at Res House.


I am grateful for the gift of sight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"