On the strange side

1.I knew a couple, Bert and Edna Air, (both now deceased) who spread marmalade on all their hot and cooked meats - ham, lamb, chicken, beef or pork. They thought that it was the most wonderful thing.

I had dinner at their home one day - and I begged to differ.

2. When I walk each morning, I have to walk in a clock wise direction to and from my home. I feel very uncomfortable if I have to walk anti-clockwise.

Go figure.

3. Overheard in a store today when two female friends (strangers to me) encountered one another:

Friend One: “Wasn’t that a wonderful show last night”

Friend Two: It gets better every year.

Friend One: “He was wearing the most beautiful gown. He says that he has other gowns stored away”.

Friend Two: “Yes, and he is very handsome”

Silence from the (presumed) husbands of these women.

4. I am a counter.

I count my paces when I walk, I count the treads when I walk up or down stairs, I count the seconds at traffic lights, or when I am in an elevator/lift.


I have lost count of the occasions on which I count.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"