# 2 for today Ridiculous and sublime

Ridiculous


I have trained my dog Penny to go to the dictionary, look up words, and then tell me what they mean.



The cats, Ada and Adelaide are also in training. This is for next year’s Sarasota Marathon. They are already excellent sprinters, particularly when they hear the sound of a can being opened.



You probably did not know that I have bought five goldfish. They are in a nice bowl, and I have taught them to sing. Whenever a guest peers into the bowl the gold fish, (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy), swim to the surface and sing “Five go-old fish” (adapted from a Christmas Song).



Next to be adopted will be snakes. I’ll get four of them, and teach them to hiss in harmony. I’ll take them on the road when they have mastered the Hallelujah Chorus.




(No, I am not on hallucinogenic drugs. Yes, I should “get a life”.)





Fun, if not sublime.




Adelaide, the junior cat, loves to come and stare at me when I evacuate my bowels each morning. She stares up at me in my enthroned state. And she talks, with a “yowl” kind of mew. This morning I started to mock her by yowling back.



From the bedroom I heard the thump, thump, thump of Penny’s tail. I think that she was gleeful at my mocking Adelaide, and I’ll swear that she was grinning!




Later, when I returned home after a shopping outing, Penny greeted me with her usual unrestrained joy.



This inevitably happens, even when I have been out of the house for less than ten minutes. And as Penny dances and prances, Adelaide and Ada always come to watch. They are bemused and amused by Penny’s display.



As Penny danced today, Adelaide batted the dog’s tail. An emboldened Penny took off after Adelaide, only to come to a screeching halt when Adelaide stopped and faced Penny, with arched back and hair standing on end. Cats rule!

This afternoon I picked Adelaide up and began to caress her. Penny, witnessing this, immediately hid her head under the sofa.

So, I am “getting a life” with three pets.

This is so new and odd for me, as I have never been a great pet lover.




I like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"