'Tis a gift to be simple

It has been raining today:




Sometimes with a heavy and drenching rain. At other times with a gentle and soft rain.

It’s a big deal. The land is so dry. We need days and days of rain, but this is a good start. Folks are so happy with the rain.

Living in a drought stricken region makes most of us us long for rain.

And it reminds me of those Psalms which rejoice when the early and later rains come to parched earth.

A thunderstorm has lingered over our area for hours. This is good.

And merciful Lord be praised, Penny is not a bit afrighted by thunder and lightning.

I stretched out on my sofa for a mid-afternoon nap.

I could hear the gentle rain.

Thunder rumbled in the distance.

My two chiming clocks added their comforting tick-tocks.

I felt so much at peace, so very comforted.

The radio and T.V. were off (they almost always are).


These lovely sounds – rain, thunder, and clocks were all I needed.


The animals added their benediction. Ada asleep. My lovely Adelaide, posing for her portrait. And Penny – alert as ever.



“’Tis a gift to be simple”.














Comments

  1. I can almost feel the peacefulness just reading your description.

    And the presence of animals always adds a certain comfort to a rainy afternoon (or any other time, really). I could watch my cats sleep, play, stretch, and chase each other all day long. Alas, I have to go to work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"