The food of the gods

I took lunch (as they used to say) at Sarasota’s “British Pub and Restaurant”. It was my colleague Jack Chr-sman’s birthday, so we celebrated it there, together with his wife Donna.

Jack and Donna have spent many a year in England. Today she opted for a good Cheese-burger. Jack had bangers and mash. I enjoyed each mouth full of steak and kidney pie.

And even as my American friends go “eeew” - I solemnly warn them. On St. George’s Day (April 23rd) in heaven the only menu item will be steak and kidney pie - so please develop a taste for it now! (It truly is a heavenly dish!)

My computer will be off line from now 4:00 p.m. Oct 19th, for about 24 hours. I’ll be in touch some time later tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"