Nature - red in tooth and claw.

Florida life has much more to offer than the "early-bird - all you can eat" special at the local cafe, with a parking lot filled with big-assed Cadillac and Mercury cars.

There is sex.

I have seen squirrels, snapping turtles, muscovy ducks, and mocking birds in the very act of copulation.

There is violence.

I have seen mocking birds as they dive bombed-crows.   I have seen crows as they dive-bombed hawks.  I have seen a hawk as she/he tried to snatch a duck for a mid-day lunch.

There is murder.

I did not see the murder, but I discovered the skeletal remains.   They were in "no-mans land", a slightly wooded area between Glen Oaks Ridge  (where I live), and Glen Oaks Manor where Ben lives.  I walk  through this area several times each day as I take my dog Penne for her frequent walks.

Here are some photo's at the scenes of  the crime.

My guess is that the victim was a possum.  But I am no biologist, and I'd love to hear other opinions.

I also suspect that a hawk was the "perp", aided and abetted by some vultures who cleaned up the bones.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"