Four years ago today

It was four years ago today that I “closed” on the condominium here in Sarasota. It almost did not happen.

On 15th June 2006 I was driven to Boston’s Logan Airport, having “closed” on the sale of my Medford condominium earlier that day. I was to take a flight from Boston to Sarasota, via Atlanta. If all had gone to plan I would have arrived in Sarasota that evening.

But the flight from Boston to Atlanta was delayed. So I missed the Atlanta to Sarasota flight. The airline (Air Tran) found and paid for a Hotel room near Atlanta’s airport. But the best flight they could offer next morning was from Atlanta to Tampa, arriving there at about 10:30 a.m.

Tampa is some 60 miles away from Sarasota, and it was hard for me to believe that I would manage to find a rental car in Tampa, and get to the lawyer’s office in Sarasota by noon.

(The time was crucial, for the lawyer was ready to close his office soon after Noon, before beginning a two week holiday).

At just before midnight on 15th June 2006 in Atlanta I called my good Sarasota realtor. I said “help”, and added “please meet me at the Tampa Airport tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m., and drive me to the lawyer’s office as fast as you can”.

That good realtor (his name is David Foster), was more than ready to oblige. He met me at the Tampa airport as he had promised, and drove to Sarasota like a bat out of hell.

We arrived at the lawyer’s office in Sarasota, with just a few minutes to spare!

So now I (and the bank) have owned this condominium for four years.

I am not sure how the bank thinks about this.

But I think that all this is cool, and that my four years in Sarasota have been better than good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"