A pleasant interlude

Wayne Farrell, a son of St. Boniface Church on Siesta Key, Sarasota, FL was yesterday ordained Deacon in our Cathedral Church in St. Petersburg (Florida not Russia!). I’d planned to attend this evening ordination but at about 3:30 p.m. I “crashed” - feeling physically and mentally exhausted. So I stayed at home, and took myself to bed, sleeping from 8:00 p.m. last evening until 5:00 a.m. today.

All refreshed, I was ready for a pleasant interlude this morning. My former parishioners from St. James’s, Cambridge, Tom and Susan Harris stopped by with their daughter Kristin Nerich and her husband James Nerich, together with Morgan and Gwen - the little grandchildren of Tom and Susan. (Morgan and Gwen are Kristin and James’s daughters).

It was a wonderful "reunion"  visit.

1.Susan Harris was the trusty Treasurer at St. James’s.
2. I officiated at the wedding of James and Kristin.


3.I baptized Morgan.

The Harris/Nerich clan were en route from Orlando FL (Disney and all that) to Fort Myers FL - to attend a Spring Training game of the Boston Red Sox versus the Minnesota Twins. (The Red Sox won!)

The coolest thing of all involved my sweet and super dog Penne. Little Morgan Nerich has always been a wee bit scared of dogs. But Penne was so sweet and gentle today, that (without any prompting) Morgan began to stroke her.


Hurray for Morgan. And double Hurrays for Penne.

I am blessed with fabulous friends and with a great dog!



James Nerich with Gwen, Kristin, Tom, Susan with Morgan.



James and Gwen,  jmp and Penne, Tom, Susan and Morgan.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"