Cyber-terrorism and my "what if?"

I think that it was about 100 years ago that my sister-in-law Wendy decided to earn some “pin money” by delivering telephone directories.

Well, maybe it was more like 20 years ago, but I happened to be on holiday in England at that time, and I spent some time with Wendy and my brother Martyn lugging those books and delivering them to every home in a local neighbourhood. It was not an easy task.

I was reminded of this when earlier I saw the photo’ which I have posted below.

“Point well taken”. Indeed, who uses a ‘phone directory these days?

“We” get all this information from the internet, not from a book!

Fewer and fewer of us have land lines, thus we have little use for a ’phone book.

As a case in point - I have a “Skype” internet ‘phone (VOIP), and a mobile ‘phone - but no land line.

All well and good, but I have a concern. I ask “what if cyber-terrorists were able to disable the internet, voip, and mobile ‘phone systems?”

Would we then regret our lack of old fashioned land-lines and ‘phone books?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"