Sweets (3) and final, with some other stuff


My survey of the sweets/candies of my childhood led one reader to ask if I had forgotten “Liquorice Allsorts”.    Truth to tell I had so done. 

My reader’s question reminded me of them, a favourite of my childhood and youth.
 
Mum loved them too, and once ate so many that she became sick.  I could have done the same.

Many of these U.K. sweets are readily available here in the U.S.A.  (at a severely “marked up” price).  

Indeed I can buy them at a “British Goods Store” which is less than a mile from my home.  Nonetheless I rarely patronise this shop, partly because the goods are “dear” (“cher” in French!), and partly because the owners are distinctly un-friendly to their patrons.




Senior cat Ada has grown to be very fond of my dog Penne.  Ada loves to lay herself down very near to the dog.




“Do not disturb” is a common enough tag, which we can place on the outside of hotel rooms.  I like this alternative!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"