Let's hear it for vegetables!

Chopped up cabbage, a shredded apple, some shredded carrots, a bit of freshly ground black pepper, all mixed up with some * "Duke’s” mayonnaise. 

This is the recipe for the coleslaw I made today.

Don’t ask for the recipe. I did what my Mum (and your Mum) did – I guess-timated the quantities.   

That coleslaw was part of my simple lunch today, alongside two sliced hard boiled eggs.

For dinner I had a mess of vegetables which I had put into a slow cooker with a bit of stock. 

Diced fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, little bits of asparagus, garbanzo beans, onions, red peppers, parsnips - all combined to create an unofficial ratatouille. 

I ate it tonight with a slice of the “spicy salsa meatloaf” which I’d made yesterday.

Goodness gracious - vegetables are so good!

(I will add some chopped red pepper and chopped celery to “extend” the leftover coleslaw for tomorrow’s lunch)

* Duke’s Mayonnaise” is a southern regional brand.  It tops all the other nationally marketed mayos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"