Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain

As my dog Penne and I took our second walk this morning it began to rain.

The rain was half-way between “drizzle” and gentle rain.  It’s what I call “warm rain” – the sort that happens every now and then here in South West Florida.  

We walked on.  We were rewarded by the lovely sight of a double rainbow.  (The photo’ below is “from the web” -  it’s not mine as I did not have a camera with me as Penne and I walked).

My mind went back to some school teacher or other - (Mr. Richards or Mr. Parrot) – who taught us a mnemonic for the colours of the rainbow.

Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.

Red - Orange - Yellow - Green - Blue - Indigo – Violet

Penne with her nose to the ground missed the whole thing!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"